Beauty isn’t just skin deep. Total body wellness is just as important as skin deep. I realize cosmetic surgery is a fast way of completing the exterior process, but you need to help the inner as well. If you want your muscles, cells, and organs to function properly, nourishing them is just as important. Foods rich in antioxidants prevent oxidative stress and get rid of aging free radicals.
New studies have shown that also eating less can slow the aging process by cutting calories which slows down the aging process in our cells. Cells make proteins which when slowed down ribosomes have time to repair themselves.
- Green Tea – Rich in antioxidants helps with free radicals that can cause wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Lemon Juice – Removes marks from your skin and can aid in helping your nails look brighter and whiter.
- Fruit – Citrus fruits are full of antioxidants
- Apple Cider Vinegar – For acne and scars, it cleans your skin when rubbed on the face gently.
- Nuts– Cell membranes are rich in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats which are essential fatty acids.
- Bell Peppers – Full of Vitamin A, a huge contributor for healthy and glowing skin.
- Cinnamon – Helps in burning fat in the body.
- Cruciferous vegetables – Such as broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts are rich in sulfur and antioxidants.
- Grains – Oats, brown rice, and quinoa – are not stripped of their nutrient-rich germ and bran layers in the way refined grains have.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are one of the richest sources of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant (it’s also found in carrots, watermelon, and other red vegetables and fruits).
- Fish – Mackerel, sardines, and salmon (oily fish) contain omega-3 fatty acids, which can help combat inflammation in the body.
- Exercise regularly – Almost any amount and type of physical activity may slow aging deep within our cells, a new study finds.
I always say that eating healthy is the answer to not giving the Big Pharma our hard earned money and you can look beautiful as well. Couldn’t hurt, right?