We all know that buying organic foods can be pretty pricey. I’ve listed a few things below in case you didn’t think of any of them. I hope it helps.
- Buy foods in season – When you buy foods in season, they are less money and you can freeze them for the off-season.
- Cooking it yourself – Purchase whole ingredients as they are cheaper than purchasing packaged foods.
- Coupons – Can help you save a little here and a little there. It all adds up!
- Join your local CSA – (Community Supported Agriculture) – Not only can you ask how foods are grown, but some of them allow you to volunteer and receive food in return or you can pay up front for your season of food as they typically want you to. You, can also grow your own and or buy from a farmer’s or at a farmer’s market.
- Private Labels – In specialty stores one can usually find not the BRAND name organic, but their label and purchase something for less.
- Go Vegan one or two days per week – By not purchasing meat, you’ll save some money.
- Buy in Bulk – We all know buying in bulk can save you a lot of money. Whether it’s out of a bin or from a store that enables you to purchase more for less.