With all the choices out there for personal lubricants, not being educated about the toxic ingredients inside can be VERY harmful to your health.
Your lower private parts are no place for harsh and synthetic chemicals, and I suggest only organic.
Did you know your vagina is the most absorbent part of your body, that’s why I suggest lubes free of petroleum, silicone, parabens, and glycerin.
Personal lubricants tend to cause us to have an array of problems, versus using none at all. However, conventional/ non-organic lubricants have been known to cause problems with fetal development for pregnant women and cause serious hormone disruption. Many conventional lubricants can cause allergies such as rosacea and dermatitis, cancer breast cancer, skin cancer.
Personal lubricants are used for many things personal. They are used to reduce friction, dryness, and chafing of your body parts during sex. It can also be used to help relieve vaginal dryness due to menopause, medication side-effects, breastfeeding, stress or any number of things.
Now, which ones’ are the safest? A water-based lubricant is the safest. I suggest a glycerin, Paraben-free, water-based lubricant, not a synthetic lubricant. There are some with healing qualities as well, such as such as aloe, vitamin E and sea kelp. Watch out for oil-based lubricants, as they can contribute to yeast infections in women who easily get them and can cause bacterial vaginosis. Stick with natural, organic lubricants, like Aloe Cadabra.
- Petroleum or petroleum-based ingredients – These can cause the skin to not function normally. They may also contain ingredients that have been linked to various health conditions, including cancer.
- Parabens – These are synthetic preservatives, which can mimic the effects of estrogen in your tissues, and have been linked to having higher risks of breast cancer.
- Phenoxyethanol – This chemical is moderately hazardous, with possible links to skin irritation and toxicity. High concentrations have been associated with reproductive damage, depressed immunity, and reduced nervous system function in newborns.
- Silicone-based ingredients – These may have toxic effects. Watch out for labels that have cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone and phenyl trimethicone in them. Silicone is often used in Tupperware, baby nipples, utensils and toys.
- Chlorhexidine – Is used as a disinfectant and antiseptic before surgery and to sterilize surgical instruments.
- Propylene glycol – is a synthetic organic compound. It is a viscous colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste. It does contain a broad range of solvents, including water, acetone, and chloroform.
- Glycerin – is a simple polyol compound. It is commonly used in foods as a sweetener.
Many lubricants as you can see are not healthy at all to use. They trigger irritation and have toxic effects for some women.
I have put together a few personal lubricants that you can use with safe ingredients that are not harmful
- Aloe Cadabra
- Swiss Navy All-natural
- Intimate Organics Hydra Personal Lubricant
- Good Clean Love
- Wet Natural