Coconut oil is beneficial in so many ways, and more and more people are realizing it. Don’t let the fact that is high in fats discourage you though because they are MCFA’s and are very easily digestible.
There are many health benefits of coconut oil:
- Weight loss – it is helpful by making you feel full and eat less
- Immune System – A wonderful antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral for diseases today in the body. Example – Candida
- Heart diseases – lowers blood pressure by regulating blood cholesterol levels, as well as triglycerides.
- Hair Care – makes your hair grow longer, thicker, and faster.
- Skin Care – Coconut oil works great as a face cleanser, sunscreen, and moisturizer. And it helps with skin disorders Eczema, dandruff, psoriasis, and dermatitis. The fatty acids (Caprylic and Lauric) in coconut oil reduce inflammation internally and externally and moisturize making them a great solution for all types of skin conditions.
- Tooth decay – swooshing this in your mouth 10 to 20 minutes a day, helps with plaque and prevents cavities or even cures cavities
- Osteoporosis – prevents bone loss.
- Cancer – kills over 90% of colon cancer cells just after 2 days according to a University of Adelaide study. It also helps with decreasing the toxic and often devastating side effects of chemotherapy.
- Energy and Endurance – Coconut oil is easy to digest and allows you to sustain more energy and increase metabolism. When taking a quality non-processed coconut oil, you can get the most benefit as MCFA’s are sent directly to the liver to be converted into energy.
If you aren’t sure which coconut oil to purchase, I suggest Spectrum Naturals, Organic Coconut Oil. It is USDA Organic Certified and GMO-free. You’ll find that it is extremely inexpensive. It is also good to use it sparingly when eating it, as Harvard University Explains